Total Pageviews

Monday, June 21, 2021

Baby Toad Gallivants!

(*The first three snippets about Baby Toad are on my FB May, 3, 20, and 21 if you need to catch up.)
 
 Pulling "Zombie," my car, to the garage door last week, I discovered Wart, the baby toad, catching early evening air.  Yep, he had sneaked out the hole under the garage door and must have decided to party with the wild, yard rabbits, and catch a few bugs for his bedtime snack.
 
Wart did not hop to get through the opened garage door to safety when he saw me, so I directed my conversation to him, and snapped.
 
"Look, Buddy!  You are on your own.  I've tried putting you outside several times after you showed up in the garage in the late Spring, but you refuse to go hang out with your family.  I won't be looking for you every time I come in or out.  I have things to do.  Do you understand?"  
 
No ribbit response from Wart.  
 
I continued.  "Just so you know, two summers ago, I backed over one of the four toads in my garage.  Hop, Skip, and Jump's cousin croaked.  I left his body on the garage floor for a week to make sure Cousin was dead.  Don't let this be you!  You're safer outside!"
 
Wart smiled and ignored me as I slammed the garage door shut.  Evidently, he decided to pull an all-nighter.  Toads must have guts.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment